Mr. Liddy's Class at Bradford
A view of the United States Test
Indicates required field
Fill in the blanks with a word from the box above. Each correct answer is worth 3 points.
1. The ________________ is where a river empties into a larger body of water.
3. ________________ is a resource that can be replaced as they are used up.
2. The place where a river begins is called its _______________________.
4. ____________ is a resource that cannot be replaced once they are used up.
5. The kind of weather one place has over a long time is called _____________.
6. Halfway between the North and South Pole is an imaginary line called the ___.
7. The area at or near the foot of a mountain is called a ______________.
8. A ____________ is low, flat land along a river.
Write the answer to each question.
Each correct answer is worth 7 points.
9. List three mountain ranges in the USA.
10. What are four reasons that climate varies greatly across the United States of America?
11. What are three ways that we use land as a natural resource?
12. Jason said that places at higher elevations are warmer, because they are closer to the Sun. Do you agree with Jason? If not, how would correct his statement?
13. Explain where most of the excess water on the Interior Plains ends up and how.
14. Water is one of our most important natural resources. Explain three ways that we use water.
if the statement is true and
if the statement is false.
If the statement is false, rewrite the statement to be true.
Each correct answer is worth 5 points.
15. Mountains act like huge doors that let humid air pass from one side to the other.
16. A natural resource is something found in nature that people can use.
17. The Lines of Latitude run north and south on a map.
18. Examples of extreme weather would be a tornado, earthquake and drought.
19. Precipitation that stays on top of the soil is called groundwater.
Circle the best answer for each multiple choice question.
Each correct answer is worth 3 points.
20. How can an ocean affect climate?
a. It can make a place cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
b. It can make the air drier.
c. It can make the winter longer.
d. It can affect the amount of sunlight reaching a place.
21. What kind of land is found in the Great Basin?
a. Land that is almost completely surrounded by water.
b. Flat land that rises above the surrounding land.
c. Mountains and valleys.
d. Dry, mostly desert land.
22. Which of the following does not affect the climate of an area?
a. The elevation of the land.
b. Nearness to certain landforms or large bodies of water.
c. Distance from the equator.
d. The trees and plants that grow naturally on the land.
A correct answer is worth 5 points.
No answer/incorrect answer will not deduct any points.
Give the relative location of the United States by using countries and bodies of water.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.