Table of Contents
2. What did Williamsburg look like in 1770?
3. How many people lived in Williamsburg?
4. What was Market Square?
5. Who shopped in Market Square?
6. How did people pay for way they bought?
7. Where did people go after shopping?
8. What was Colonial tavern like?
9. What kind of clothes did men and boys wear?
10. What kind of clothes did women and girls wear?
11. Where did people get their clothes?
12. What did poor people wear?
13. Were there barbers and hairdressers in colonial Williamsburg?
14. What did houses look like?
15. How were Williamsburg houses furnished?
16. What were the bedrooms like?
17. Where was the bathroom?
18. Where were the kitchen and dining room?
19. Who did the cooking?
20. What did people in Williamsburg eat?
21. What did people drink?
22. Was there such a thing as party food?
23. How was food kept from spoiling?
24. Did everyone have a garden?
25. What did they grow on the big planations?
26. Did people know that using tobacco was unhealthy?
27. Were there schools in Williamsburg?
28. Did girls and boys learn the same things?
29. Did children have storybooks to read?
30. Did enslaved black people have a chance for education?
31. Were there many churches in colonial Williamsburg?
32. What did children do for fun?
33. Did people keep animals as pets?
34. Did families spend time together?
35. Did enslaved people have any chance for fun?
36. What work could a boy do when he grew up?
37. What was an apprentice?
38. What kinds of jobs were open to women?
39. Were the paying jobs for African-Americans?
40. What happened when you got sick or were hurt?
41. Did doctors know about “shots”?
42. How were children expected to behave?
43. What happened when a child misbehaved?
44. What happened to people who broke the law?
45. What happened to slaves who broke the laws?
46. Who made the laws for colonial Williamsburg?
47. Why was there an English governor?
48. Why were the colonists angry at the British?
49. Williamsburg today…